Clean and safe environment in technology use.
To reduce the negative impact of ICT on the environment.
Green ICT Kenya has 5 pillars
- Legal and regulatory framework.
- Training, awareness creation, and advocacy.
- Research, monitoring and evaluation.
- Resource mobilization.
- Collection and treatment of end-of-life.
We offer the following services:
- Technical support in the formulation and implementation of policies, strategies, action plans, guidelines, and standards related to the circular economy of EEE
- Training, awareness creation, and advocacy on efficient use of EEE including digital skilling
- Research, consultancy, monitoring, and evaluation on the usage of EEE and their end of life
- Mobilise resources to equip organizations with skills, technology, and infrastructure relevant to handle end of life of EEE
- Technical support in the establishment of end of life EEE collection and treatment facilities
Meet Our qualified and dedicated team
Dr. Geoffrey Chemwa is a leading ICT professional and a lecturer in the department of computing and Informatics at the Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
Dr. Virginia Onyara is a Green ICT and e-waste, management expert. She has consulted with GIZ, ITU, ATU, EACO, and other ICT and Telecommunications leading organizations in matters environment and circular economy in the ICT environment. She has vast knowledge and experience in e-waste management and has been involved in the drafting of various policy documents related to e-waste management and green ICT. She is a member of the ITU-T Study Group 5 meeting, she is an editor of several work items in the ITU-T SG5, and also sits in the ITU-T African Group. She is also a member of the EACO Working Group 7 Meeting (Environment and e-waste Management) where she has been involved immensely in the drafting of the e-waste strategy for the East Africa Region.
She is also an e-waste consultant for Africa Telecommunication Union (ATU), where she has been the Lead consultant in the drafting of the ATU e-waste management Guidelines. She is also an e-waste management auditor in CEWASTE project-an EU Horizon 2020 project. She has also been involved with GIZ as a local consultant in several e-waste projects. She is an Alumnus of the United Nations University EWAM project and has received extensive training from UNU, ITU, EACO, GIZ, Sofies, Step Initiative, and other leading organizations in Green ICT. She is a lecturer in the Faculty of Business and Economics, Multimedia University of Kenya, and an alumnus of the University of Nairobi, School of Business, and Kenyatta University. She is passionate about the ICT environment.